Search Posts

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

NEW SECTION: DVD COLLECTION

Turn down the lights, turn up the sound and enjoy the remastered splendour of films on digital versatile disc...

I have decided to set up a new section on my blog under the title of "DVD Collection". Unsurprisingly, this part of my blog shall comprise of a list of all the official DVD releases I own and my opinions on them. I intend to give a star rating out of five for the featured film/TV programme presented on each disc and another rating out of five for the extra content included.

In depth analysis shall not be paid to quality of image transfers and the like here. I will of course write a line or two if the image transfer of a release is of particular interest otherwise for specific commentary on DVD image transfers, I refer you to the informed opinion of Michael Mackenzie at Whiggles.com and his Image Transfer Hall of Fame.

At a guess I would say I have about 300 to 350 titles so it may take me a little bit of time to get all the DVD info posted. However, it should prove a useful exercise in organisation and it might even help me to identify discs I want to sell on and bring to my attention those films in my collection that have since had a superior release on DVD.

In the past I have infrequently used DVD Profiler to catalogue my DVDs and keep note of my purchases - can check out my list here. Hopefully, as this section is updated it will allow me to get a definitive list of my DVD Collection online.

By the way, two useful websites I use to determine the best available release on DVD of any given film are DVD Beaver and Rewind.

No comments: